Code of Conduct — Coaches
EMW Baseball & Softball
CODE OF CONDUCT
Coaches shall remain unconditionally supportive of the Organization’s commitment to the ideals of good sportsmanship, team play, honesty, loyalty, courage and respect for authority. Likewise, coaches shall remain sensitive to the physical and emotional well being of the players on his/her team. In order to adhere to these doctrines the coaches agree as follows:
- The head coach of a team will be required to ensure all assistant coaches(those who are present in the dugout during the game or practice) have signed this document and are aware of their responsibilities.
- Coaches will be positive role models.
- Coaches will display and instill in their players the principals of good sportsmanship and team play.
- Coaches will conduct themselves in a manner that best serves the interests of the players.
- Coaches will do their best to provide the players a positive experience.
- Coaches will treat all players, parents, spectators, opposing coaches, umpires and league officials with respect.
- Coaches will provide instruction in a manner that is constructive and supportive.
- Coaches will not ridicule or demean players, other coaches or umpires.
- Coaches, at no time, will question the ruling or authority of an umpire during a game.
- Coaches will not tolerate behavior that endangers the health or well being of a child.
- Coaches will comply with the decisions of league officials and observe all rules, policies and procedures as established or endorsed by the EMW Baseball & Softball.
- Coaches will teach the game of baseball/softball to the best of their ability.
- Coaches will be drug and alcohol free while at any EMW Baseball & Softball athletic event.
- Coaches will not use any tobacco product in the dugout or on the playing field.
- Coaches acknowledge the need to demonstrate fundamental proficiencies with respect to the game of baseball/softball and first aid. Consequently, all coaches agree to attend, any skill sessions that may be required by the Board of Directors and any first aid courses that may be mandated by the Board.
This Code of Conduct has no expiration and will be kept on file for use until you cease to
coach an EMW Baseball or Softball team.
Coaches Signature: __________________________________________________
Coaches Name: ________________________________ Date: _______________