Code of Conduct — Players
EMW Baseball and Softball
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Show respect to all game officials, coaches, players, and parents and never act in a manner that would disrespect them, teammates, league, or myself.
- Follow the direction of the coaching staff.
- Display good sportsmanship.
- Make every effort to attend all scheduled practices and games and will make sure my coach or manager knows in advance if my attendance is not possible.
- Play fair and strive to win, but win or lose I will always do my best.
- Shake hands with the opposing team and the officials at the conclusion of all games.
- Understand that I may be suspended for any violation of this Player’s Code of Conduct.
Players shall not…
- Not argue with or speak disrespectfully to a manager, coach, umpire, or opposing player.
- Use abusive or profane language.
- Taunt or humiliate any other player.
- Question an umpire’s call.
- Abuse, mistreat or mishandle any EMW Baseball & Softball league equipment or property. (Example: throwing batting helmets)
PARENTS AND SPECTATORS
The Parent and Spectator shall support the players, coaches, umpires and league officials. Parents and Spectators shall not “coach” or “officiate.”
Parents and Spectators agree as follows:
- Parents and Spectators will be positive role models.
- Parents and Spectators Coaches will display and instill in all players the principals of good sportsmanship and team play. This applies to all Parents and Spectators who are asked to assist with the running of the team but are not designated as “league coaches or managers”
- Parents and Spectators will conduct themselves in a manner that best serves the interests of the players.
- Parents and Spectators will do their best to provide the players a positive experience.
- Parents will make certain that their children show respect for all other players, coaches, official and spectators.
- Parents and Spectators will not ridicule or demean players, coaches or umpires.
- Parents will inform the coach of any disability or ailment that may affect the safety of their child.
- Parents and Spectators will comply with the decisions of league officials and observe all rules, policies and procedures as established or endorsed by the EMW Baseball & Softball.
- Parents and Spectators will be drug and alcohol free while at any EMW Baseball & Softball athletic event. Parents and Spectators will treat all players, coaches and umpires fairly and with respect. Parents and Spectators will not question an umpire’s call.
- Parents and Spectators will respect the opponent and avoid any confrontation with opposing players, spectators or coaches.
The EMW Board of Directors reserves the right to remove any parent or spectator from the EMW Baseball and Softball fields (Creek Road fields) for violation of the above stated Code of Conduct for Parents and Spectators.
- I have read and understood this Code of Conduct.